The conference "3rd Spatial Data Infrastructure Days of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina" was held in Neum on November 17 and 18, 2022, in the organization of the Federal Administration for Geodetic and Real Property Affairs, the coordinating body of the Spatial Data Infrastructure in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The conference represented a unique opportunity to gather all significant participants in the field of spatial data infrastructure and a forum for discussion, exchange of opinions and experiences, as well as an overview of current progress regarding this field.
During the conference, it was concluded that significant steps have been taken in this field in the previous period, through the activities of the Federal Administration for Geodetic and Real Property Affairs and the bodies of the SDI, the SDI Council and working groups. This positive moment can and should be used for the further development of SDI in FBH, for strengthening the capacity of SDI subjects, the establishment of necessary services and the implementation of the rules of the INSPIRE directive, i.e. the transposition of the entire Directive into domestic legislation.
The goal of establishing the Spatial Data Infrastructure is to create preconditions to rationalize the collection of spatial data and to standardize isolated islands of data, at all levels, so that they can be networked and used with quality. Connecting different information that is spatially defined (georeferenced), enables users to carry out complex searches and analyses and connect phenomena in space, the prerequisites for modern management of space and spatial resources are realized.
During the conference, joint conclusions were adopted:
1. The participants of the conference, 3rd days of the Spatial Data Infrastructure of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina express their gratitude to the coordination body of the SDI for the excellent organization and provision of relevant and professional content of the conference;
2. The participants express their satisfaction with the continuous organization of events with promotional and educational content in the field of spatial data infrastructure for the purpose of strengthening inter-institutional cooperation and the exchange of professional knowledge and information.
3. The importance of transparency, i.e. accuracy, security and reliability of data, which should be constantly strived for and which is the basis of the success of the overall economy of a society, is highlighted.
4. During the conference, the participants highlighted the enviable level of construction of the formal and legal framework for the establishment of SDI, emphasizing the need to continuously raise the level of awareness of all participants in this process and to raise the level of information exchange, knowledge transfer and the possibility of achieving new levels of activity by launching multi-user projects.
5. The importance of the development and implementation of new modern IT systems for the collection and maintenance of spatial data is highlighted, which increases data security, efficiency and easy access.
6. The participants express their gratitude to the international donor actors for their previous support for the establishment and development of the FBH Spatial Data Infrastructure, and emphasize the further need for cooperation with donors and creditors in designing activities aimed at developing the spatial data infrastructure in the Federation of BH.
7. The participants emphasize the need for continuous organization of the "Days of FBH SDI" conference and support the coordinating body in its efforts to organize this promotional event regularly and traditionally every year.
Conference "3. Spatial data infrastructure days of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina" were attended by representatives of various sectors (administrative, public, private, academic), with a total number of 70 registered participants.